Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Life As You Know It

I think the idea that a person lives a single life is outdated and faineant. Life seems more transient than that because if you're really living, at the end of it all you'd have a few lives to speak of. At least it's seeming that way with me. Different periods or eras where things take fundamental, seismic shifts. When I moved from the Bahamas to Ithaca, NY things changed. When I moved from Ithaca to Washington, DC things changed. And, now with my move to London I feel things shifting yet again. It's difficult though. I really enjoyed my time in DC and I came to London thinking that I would lead a similar life, alas that era, like the party flier said, might really be over. I am a graduate student at one of the top universities in the world (where the average amount of books checked out per students from the library, the largest social science library in the world, is 142) and as the Dean of the grad school put it today, this program is going to be a sprint to the finish. For me, that meant that Joey Bahamas, you know the shopping, partying, dinning, traveling alter ego of mine, may have to go on sabbatical...

#Beautiful?

No comments:

Post a Comment