Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Vacation on Lake Cunningham in the Bahamas

I haven't had much time to slow the pace of my life over the last few years...even my trips away from DC consisted of high speed shopping sprees and partying. So, for the first time in a long while I'm sitting on my ass doing barely anything. I've found a haven at my uncle and aunt's beautiful home in Nassau, Bahamas on Lake Cunningham. I left the house for the first time today for lunch at the famed Villagio Restaurant. The homes is built on terraced land at the end of winding road. It is the direct product of my uncle's hard work and my aunt's attention to detail and dedication to warmth and comfort. It's a modern and unique space with accents of the island spread around liberally, giving it a cozy, down-home feel. With the beautiful view of the lake, the pool side, and the cozy interiors it's made the perfect getaway for me. I'll be posting some of the amazing food and drinks we've been cooking over the last few days, but for now, enjoy the home.










No comments:

Post a Comment